Re: Disaster Recover on Solaris

From: Mark Harrington <harrington_at_middlebury.edu>
Date: 26 Nov 2001 20:50:20 -0800

>Dear mark,
>It depends what kinda shop you have? Are you 24x7 shop? Also,
>how big is your database? You don't need Veritas unless you have big
>$$$ to throw.
>Allan
>DBA
Allan,
We are not a 24x7 shop, we have a small DB, and we don't have the big $$$ :) (we actually haven't done the install yet so I don't know the exact size of the DB but it will be small -- I just need to budget backup software)

Some day in the future (over 1 year) we will be a 24x7 shop, and have lots of money, but for now it would be nice to save some.

The backups would be for a Dev/Training Instance Oracle Financial. It would be nice to be able to revert to a snapshot of the previous nights backup so that I would be able to recover without having to reinstall everything again. This would be in the event of a hardware failure or a newbie DBA error :)

Thanks,
Mark Received on Mon Nov 26 2001 - 22:50:20 CST