Re: Disaster Recover on Solaris

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 02:20:47 GMT

In article <758e40cd.0111261442.6d9cf431_at_posting.google.com>, "Mark Harrington" <harrington_at_middlebury.edu> wrote:

> Can someone recommend a disaster recover (ie Backup) solution for Oracle
> on Solaris? Is there a way to backup a Solaris system so that in the
> event total hardware failure I could restore my system (to new hard
> drives)?
>
> Could I just drop down into single user mode and tar or pax the whole
> file system?
>
> Are there any good cheep solutions or should I shell out the bug bucks
> for Veritas NetBackup?

You may also consider Legato or Alexandria.

SUN is reselling Legato Networker under the name "Solstice Backup". You can get more information at:
http://www.legato.com
or
http://www.networkbuyersguide.com/search/128002.htm

I think that Cheyenne's (now CA) ArcServe product also works on multiple platforms.

--
Mladen Gogala