Re: Oracle hangs, no errors

From: Sean Leach <sleachNOSPAM_at_netlojix.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:14:23 -0800

That is why I would think, but it sometimes will take several minutes to do a select count(*) on a table with 0 records. Usually it won't give an error, I will kill it after 2-3 minutes

I would patch it up, except it shouldn't be the problem as the system worked great for a year before this. We can't think of anything changed since this started happening either.

There aren't more connections than before (if there are, it would be like 5-10 more), and there is very little swapping (the load on the machine is very low as well)

A shutdown immediate does not work when the problem is happening, it hangs, only a shutdown abort will do it (we wait for 2-3 minutes for an immediate, to make sure all transactions have been rolled back etc.)