New Oracle 9i installation

From: Morten <solbjerg_at_.post.opasia.dk>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:32:33 +0100

Hi!

I've just installed an Oracle 9i database server on my RedHat 7.2 system. The installation went well. However if I try to follow the post installation instructions from the Oracle web sites I get an error.

I've done the following as Oracle user:

sqlplus /nolog
connect SYS/password AS SYSDBA

response: "Connected to an idle instance."

startup

response: "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel"

Now what? Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks very much in advance.

Morten Received on Mon Nov 26 2001 - 15:32:33 CST