Oracle server is very slow.

From: desmond <ddl76_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:21:10 +0800

I have this problem when connecting to my Oracle server running on NT4 workstation with 394mb of RAM
and CPU running at PIII 500mhz. It happens not only to SQLPLUS but other types of database client like
ODBC. Whenever we tried connecting to our Oracle server in the morning, its fine. But performance will
degrade as time passes by. There' s only about 5-7 programmers using the Oracle server.

Sometimes when we keyed in a wrong command at SQLPLUS the server will even hang.

Is there any cure to this tricky problem? I have checked my Performance monitor for memory and processor
status. Everything seems OK.

Thanks
ddl Received on Mon Nov 26 2001 - 04:21:10 CST