Hardware specification for database server !!!

From: Đuro Dretvić <Djuro.Dretvic_at_Infodom.hr>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:23:22 +0100

Greetings !!!

I need help for hardware specification of database server at my company. We are
relatively small software development company. We have 60 employes.

Here are our requirements:

  1. 30 developers (all on Oracle). (Oracle CASE Designer, Oracle Forms, Oracle Portal)
  2. Windows 2000 OPSYS
  3. Two databases : (8.1.7. with possibility of upgrade to 9.1.1)
    1. Development
    2. Production (only for internal use)
  4. Optimal perforamance
  5. Hardware should be from known manufactor. (Brand name)
  6. My request as DBA: I don't wan't to see my developers at office with problem that a database works slow.

What do you suggest ?

We intended to buy hardware form Hewlett Packard. Is there recommendation about hardware specification from Oracle on metalink .

Thanks for you answers in advace.
Regards Djuro.

? Number of processors:
? Quantity of RAM: