Can NOT Open Database After a Second NIC Added

From: Alvaro Fuentes <alvarof2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:41:52 GMT

Hi Fellow Oracler's:

My environment is: SUN Solaris8, running Oracle8i v.8.1.7.0.0 Enterprise.

The DB was running OK until I added a second NIC to the SUN Ultra, assigned a second IP, modified the necessary files (/etc/hosts, /etc/hostname.interface2, etc) so that everybody can log to this server machine now using both IP's.

When I tried to start Oracle, it came with the following error:

"ORA-00101: Invalid Specification Parameters MTS_DISPATCHERS"

I went and checked any Oracle config file with MTS_DISPATCHERS, and only my initmyinstance.ora has:

# mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCPS)(PRE=oracle.aurora.server.SGiopServer)"

which should be uncommented if I will be using SSL, but I dont.

I created a second listener: listener2 @port 1522, with the new second interface and second hostname assigned to this interface.

I checked the other obvious files like: sqlnet.ora, listener.ora.

Started the second listener and same error: the database couldnt be mounted and opened.

Any light on this issue will be greatly appreciated. Any Configuration file I should add: mts_dispatchers =......... ???

Thanks
A. Fuentes
afuentes_at_goodpremises.com
512-297-9937 Received on Sat Nov 24 2001 - 13:41:52 CST