Cannot Set Trace

From: Buck Turgidson <jc_va_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:00:22 GMT

I am trying to trace a session and it's bind variables on 8.1.6 on Linux.

As sys, I "exec dbms_system.set_ev(8,37,10046,4,'')". I then go to the udump directory, but it is empty. I am sure that the session in question has had activity. I have also tried "ALTER SESSION Set SQL_TRACE = TRUE" from within the session I want to trace, with no luck.

I am fairly certain that I am looking in the correct directory because a sister directory, arch, contains archived logs.

Any suggestions on what to try next? Received on Fri Nov 23 2001 - 17:00:22 CST