Re: Last problems on Oracle 7.3.4 Netware

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 19:44:17 +0100

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:31:12 +0100, "Henk Hultink" <hhu_at_stopspam.stoas.nl> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>We still have a persisiting problem on an Oracle 7.3.4 database. At the
>moment we are busy updating all our clients to 8.1.7. But since an export of
>the 'old' database is the basis for the new DB, I would still like to know
>if there is a solution for this problem:
>
>We are trying to create a check constraint with the following command:
>
>alter table bov_opleidingen
>add constraint bov_opl_idt_ck
>check
>(
>ind_deeltijd in ('V', 'D', 'U', 'O')
>)
>;
>
>However, with some of our customers (not all!) this will result in the
>following error messages:
>
>ind_deeltijd in ('V', 'D', 'U', 'O')
>*
>ERROR at line 5:
>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
>ORA-00920: invalid relational operator
>
>Is this a known bug? Or does anyone know a cure? Syntactically the command
>is correct.
>Our own DBA suggested that the error might occur because we updated values
>in the specified columns first, then without committing tried to create the
>constraint. But this was not the case. A second try to create only the
>constraints a few days later also failed.
>
>Anyone has a solution/suggestion? TIA.

I have been unabl;e to find your problem on Metalink. This is bad news as 7.3.4 has been desupported. Regrettably I have more bad news: 8.1.7 will be the terminal release of Oracle for Netware.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Nov 23 2001 - 12:44:17 CST