JDBC Connection & Listener

From: Tarik <tarik_sadat_at_amat.com>
Date: 23 Nov 2001 09:26:44 -0800

Hello everybody

Has anybody experienced strange behaviour with the TNS Listener when connecting via JDBC? What I've found is that when a connection request is rejected, usually because of an invalid username/password, the JDBC driver makes lots of connection attempts (eg about 100). Why is it doing this? I'm using JDBC 1.2 (I think; well, classes12.zip at any rate), and the Listener is running on a Windows NT server (to an 8.1.6 database).

I notice when I try similar invalid login attempts via ODBC or via SQL*Plus I don't see this behaviour. I just get the one connection attempt.

Thanks in advance.
Tarik Received on Fri Nov 23 2001 - 11:26:44 CST