Re: ORA - 01031

From: dps <dps008c_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Nov 2001 11:08:50 GMT

I have resolved the problem today!

The day before I logged the problem I had (for security purposes) gone into DBA studio and changed all the passwords for system and for sys - and others. Just out of instinct I logged into DBA Studio as I did before (as my username) then on that database I again got the error. So this time I connected as sys and password "change_on_install" as sysdba. Then I went into my username and "Aley looleeya" the system privilege Tab shows the sysdba!!!

This is quite confusing as I could have sworn yesterday I was connecting in sqlplus as sys with changed passwd as sysdba as well and I got connected ok - Maybe I am totally wrong becasue I had not documented the steps. I guess one thing I can do to check if I am totally burmy or the system has gone screwy is to verify that the passwords were changed ok for the other database.