Uninstall or Disable 8i JVM

From: Jesus \(John\) Salvo Jr. <john_at_softgame.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 06:20:51 GMT

I have an existing 8i ( 8.1.7 ) instance where someone installed the 8i JVM. However, we are not using any Java SPs, EJBs, or servlets with the database. Is there anyway to uninstall the 8i JVM from an existing instance? ... without requiring the GUI installer?

If uninstalling is not possible, is it possible to just disable it within an instance? I have read somewhere in this newsgroup to just set the JAVA_POOL_SIZE to zero (0) and that should disable the internal JVM, but the Oracle does not mention this ( nor does it mention how to disable or uninstall the Java Server from an existing instance ).

I also saw $ORACLE_HOME/javajvm/rmjvm.sql. Presumable this one will uninstall the JVM from an existing instance only, the instance identified by your ORACLE_SID?? ( What happens if you have more than one instance in the same $ORACLE_HOME installation? ) If yes, I presume we can set all JAVA_XXX in the init.ora to 0?

John Received on Fri Nov 23 2001 - 00:20:51 CST