Re: Listener in Oracle 8.1.7

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:10:44 +0100

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 17:02:10 +0100, "Hans-Peter" <hans-peter.henrichsen_at_capgemini.se> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have two questions..
>
>IŽve installed Oracle 8.1.7 on our Windows 2000 server. I realized when I
>try to connect internal in Server manager I have to confirm with password.
>As far as I know you should be able to connect internal without confirming
>with password. Right? if so, how?
>
>When I run "lsnrctl status" I see that I have one service of my Instance
>(PDEV). Then I connect internal in Server manager and run lsnrctl status
>again. Now there is two service of my Instance. Should it be like this?
>
>If somebody has an answer, please contact me!
>
>Kind Regards,
>Hans-Peter Henrichsen
>hans-peter.henrichsen_at_capgemini.se

1 Looks like an incorrect install. The ora_<sid>_dba local group or ora_dba local group is created in normal cases. This takes care of connect / as sysdba in normal cases (please stop using internal, it is obsolete for many releases and it has disappeared completely from 9i) However if you are connected to the server as domain administrator, the group won't be created.
Right now you probably should create the local group manually instead of re-installing everything

2 You probably have the multithreaded server configured, and that is only guess work as you don't post the listener status about, but only describe it in vague terms.
Whether you need to use MTS at all depends on the number of users that are going to be connected,

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Nov 22 2001 - 12:10:44 CST