Re: Tuning a Query

From: Sanjay Mishra <oraskm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2001 15:07:50 -0800

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I am in the process of testing them out one-by-one. In the meantime, please keep posting more suggestions. In the meantime, I thought about updating with new information:

The RULE hint improved the INSERT performance from over 1 hour to 11 minutes. However, this SQL is part of an application where I can't use hints. Everything else works fine with CBO, so I can't think about deleting the statistics either. Any suggestions on how to implement the RULE behavior in a CHOOSE environment.

Here are the values of some init.ora parameters requested by some of you:

db_file_multiblock_read_count = 32
hash_area_size = 16777216
hash_multiblock_io_count = 0

Many thanks again and looking forward to more insights from you all. Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 17:07:50 CST