Re: Oracle and TCL

From: Kyle Hailey <oraperf_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:56:55 GMT

I think TCL is great for graphic stuff. It's nice as a script language but there is so much else out there for scripting. Perl seems to be most of my aquaintences choice. I tend to use shell just because it is generic and I work on so many different machines that I want something totally generic, plus it runs on NT with the shell environement. Shell requires some ugly code to do the same things that are cleanly done in python, perl or tcl, not to mention just doing it in pure plsql or pro*c.

Check out oraperf.sourceforge.net for some cool stuff that tcl/tk can do with Oracle. Just stuff I've cobbled together that I use alot.

Best Wishes
Kyle Hailey

http://oraperf.sourceforge.net