Question on Relinking

From: Satmika <sathmika_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2001 13:25:49 -0800

I received an error message while relinking (error in invoking target install of makefile ins_rdbms.mk....) when I am applying 8.1.6.2 patch on an 8.1.6 DB (with no spatial option). I guess it is trying to apply a spatial related patch and could not find all the libraries.

So I tried the following from command line

    make -f ins_rdbms.mk sdo_off ioracle and this time it went fine.

My questions are
1) what about all the other executables that ins_rdbms.mk has. How can I compile all those. To be on the safe side can I issue relink all again?
2)If I do a relink all will it use the sdo_off option again because I already linked once with sdo_off. Does it remember the options that I had before?
3) Is there anything wrong with issuing the relink all command any number of times if I am not sure.

Thanks,
Satmika Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 15:25:49 CST