Is it possible to anchor to a user-defined record element?

From: John Peterson <johnp_at_azstarnet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:03:12 -0700

(Oracle 8.1.7 on Win2K Pro)

Hello, all!

I'm trying to figure out how to create a variable whose type is anchored to a user-defined record element. For example, I would have thought that this would have worked:

declare

   type typView is record (Name varchar2(255));

   sNameView typView.Name%type;
begin

   null;
end;

But it doesn't. ;-)

I would welcome any ideas and/or suggestions. Thanks in advance! :-)

John Peterson Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 14:03:12 CST