Re:  HELP!! Corrupted database, datafiles lost.

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:08:46 GMT

I've taken on a bet with one of my fellow DBA's - the first who's able to create a DUL-like tool gets a crate of bier - so now I'm like really motivated .... I'm still putting together pieces of the puzzle - I'm hoping that I'll have a first version ready in Januari 2002 ... Don't get your hopes up - my goals are unloading tables that use a small subset of datatypes - so don't expect LOBs, longs, partitioned tables, chained & migrate rows, etc support .... for me it's just an excercise... Also I'm pretty sure I won't be able to unload the datadictionary (I have no info whatsoever about this - too many $ tables)... This means the unloader just searches for the extents of segments (extent mapping), interpretes the blocks (is it a datablock, indexblock, segmentheader, etc ?) and dump the columns in sqlloader flat file ... because I don't have clue about how the datadictionary looks like I can't do any mapping of tablenames or columnnames ....