Oracle on RedHat 7.2

From: Morten <solbjerg_at_nospam.post.opasia.dk>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:12:06 +0100

Hi!

I've tried to install Oracle 9i on a RedHat 7.2 system a couple of times. Yesterday was my most succesful attempt. I got to 81% then I think I ran out of memory/swap space.

Therefore I have added some swap space to my system but everytime I try to run the installation program now I get error messages. The messages are very non-informative. I'm simply told that an error has occurred and I can choose not to install the current component (I'm uncertain which one it is and whether it's critical for the installation to succeed) or cancel the entire installation. After the fourth error I gave up - I had reached approximately 35%.

How can I get back to a "clean" system and try over again? Before I tried to reinstall I had deleted all files and directories from the ORA_HOME directory. I had also deleted the /tmp/OraInstall directory. What else is there?

Another odd thing is that the first time I tried to install Oracle I hadn't installed the Java SDK. I had selected a location and was under the impression that the Oracle installer would set it up itself but the last couple of times I have tried to install I've had to install it manually beforehand... - otherwise I'd reach about 12% and get an error that the Java SDK couldn't be found.

I hope someone can help me out.

Morten Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 12:12:06 CST