Collective Time of executing multiple queries in parallel and sequential

From: mdali <mdali_germany_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2001 08:22:46 -0800

Hi All,

Pls. do forgive me if I am posting in the wrong forum. Actually I am working on an application which requires to perform a large number of SELECT SQL queries on oracle server. The number of queries to be performed is in thousands. I want to know if I execute multiple queries on an oracle server using diffrent connections. Is this strategy faster than executing the queries one by one sequentially. Does practically oracle which is installed with normal options provides some more speed in case of multiple connections. Or it still handles all the queries one by one. And the collective time of exceuting queries from multiple connections comes equal to that of executing the queries one by one.

Regards
Muhammad Ali Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 10:22:46 CST