sqlnet: network failure during commit

From: Erik H. <sn192he_at_uni-duisburg.de>
Date: 21 Nov 2001 05:55:21 -0800

Hello!

What happens if the network fails after my sqlnet client asked the server to commit a transaction?

Is it possible that the server executes
a commit but the client never gets
the acknowledgement that it was done?

[ So my client gets a (timeout) error and tries so   run the whole transaction a second time.   At the end of one day I find out my temperatur table   contains 25 values and not 24 - core dumped ;-) ]

Bye,
 Erik. Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 07:55:21 CST