Re: archive log list

From: Tweetie Pooh <tp601553_at_cia.gov>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:04:39 GMT

"bgbgbg" <brian.gallagher_at_iona.com> honoured comp.databases.oracle.tools on Tue 20 Nov 2001 03:49:41p with news:9te2cc$5ed$1_at_spider.iona.com:

> In your rman script the line
>
> backup (archivelog all delete input)
>
> should save and remove archivelogs
>
> rgds
> brian
>
> "Tweetie Pooh" <tp601553_at_cia.gov> wrote in message

>> How can I clear down the list of archive log files?
>>
>> I rman backup each night, including all archive log files and deleting

> them.
>> This is flagged in database.
>>
>> I now have many, many records of deleted archive logs.  How can I quickly
>> clear this list?  I don't want to sit in OEM and delete them manually.
>>
>> TIA

it sure does, but the list of logs is still stashed somewhere and shown on the list in oem. This list goes back over a year and I want to drop the entries for deleted log files. I can select them in oem and delete but that is too slow.

Ideally I want to scrub the entries over a week old and do this each week. Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 06:04:39 CST