Re: 8i backup and recovery

From: koert54 <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:56:27 +0100

Yes - you're right Allan - there are a lot of pro's for using RMAN and I think it has
some cool features - so it's indeed a matter of taste ... The biggest problem for me is the crappy script language they invented to create
your backup procedures and repository management... Too bad they didn't take Tcl with an extention because Oracle comes with oratcl
so why not use it besides OEM only.
And like I said - I like to be in control when doing the recovery - not some tool and
its repository - the less layers the better :-)

Kind Regards