Re: Java Virtual Machine in Oracle 8i

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:31:03 GMT

Ok,
  Start here:
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/pdf/hp-ux_installguide_817.pdf

Chapter 1 Paragraph HP-UX and Installation-Specific Issues and Restrictions, subparagraph Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

  One way to verify the version of the jdk is to find out which one the oracle tools are pointing to...then go to that directory and type java -version <CR>

  Now, one last note. Please become familiar with the oracle site and where to find documentation. Take the above url and back it up to the point of
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/

You will notice the different platform specific documenation listed there.

enjoy!

hth,
cindy