Re: How to verify the actual connection in sqlplus

From: Ivan Saez <i.a.saez.scheihing_at_tue.nl>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:14:26 +0100

Erhard Glueck wrote:

> in sqlplus I need to verify the connection string used for the actual
> connection.
> Because I have more sessions over days open, I want to be certain, to
> which database I speak, and this is only possible to be remembered
> belonging the whole connection string.

I use this login.sql:

COLUMN SID new_value VAR
SET TERM OFF
SELECT global_name||'_'||user SID FROM global_name; SET SQLPROMPT '&&VAR> '
SET TERM ON
set linesize 132
set trimspool on
set head off
set pages 0

This will change your sqlplus prompt. For example :

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.2.0 - Production JServer Release 8.1.7.2.0 - Production

TUET04.TUE.NL_IPSAADMIN> Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 00:14:26 CST