Re: Linux and Oracle

From: Sathish Balas <sathishrani_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 02:32:51 GMT

I have Oracle 8.1.7 running on rh7.1 . It works fine . I searched through newsgroups and found some solutions to the problems that i encountered . Let me know if you are going to install this version and run into problems .

--
Sathish B
"Paul Fagan" <paul.fagan_at_bt.com> wrote in message

> Jack,
>
> I know SUSE support Oracle see : -
>
> http://www.suse.de/us/support/oracle/
>
> I have used Oracle 9i on Redhat 7.3 ext3 filesystem no problem (there is
> one bug on installation that I found, it can be reolved via Oracle
> Metalink).
>
> See below for bug resolution : -
>
> * fact: Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition 9.0.1
> * fact: Intel Based Server LINUX
> * fact: RedHat 7.1
> * symptom: Installation fails
> * symptom: Error during linking
> * symptom: ins_plsql.mk
> * cause: <BUG:1843232>. Versions of ld prior to version 2.11 ignored
the "-z defs" flag. ld version 2.11 and later have the ability to use this flag. Because of this the genclntsh script fails to produce the libclntsh.so library on a machine running ld > 2.11. The "-z defs" is set in the variable LD_SELF_CONTAINED in the genclntsh script.