Re: Multi-Master AR and Foreign Keys

From: David LeJeune <dlejeune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2001 07:25:40 -0800

I thought I would post a follow-up message. Turns out AR initially copies data from the source (master definition site) into the other master sites specified. If data already exists in the table this may cause a problem. So far from what I have learned, it seems best to start with fresh master databases (i.e. no data) and move from there. Perhaps I am wrong on this account - but I jus thought someone might be interested in knowing.

I'm somewhat surprised there is not a really good book out on the market that explains AR in greater detail.

=-Dave L.