how to partly export/import a table?

From: Gary YU <gary.yu_at_istark.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2001 07:03:31 -0800

Hi,

I had a very big log table which I wanted to clear. It logs some event for the past year, I planed to clear it and only keep the latest month. The problem is, due to the size limit of the redo log, I cannot do a delete even on a day-to-day basis. I just wonder, is there a way I can export only part of the table(say, the last month), and totally truncate the table, then import the smaller datafile.

I'm new to oracle, I knew Informix has such tools to export table using select statement and save to a text file, then import it. Does Oracle have the same tools?

Thanks a lot!!

Gary Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 09:03:31 CST