Re: cannot have subqueries in CONNECT BY clause (joins not work)

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:51:52 GMT

Alexander V. Silantiev doodled thusly:

>What do you think about
>
>Raise ORA-01437: cannot have join
>
>We can not constract hierarchical query on the view
>based on joins.

Hmmm, sounds like a prob. What about if you construct the connect by query on your original table (cid,cmaster), THEN join the result of that to the others? I'm quite sure I've done something similar to this before. I'll look it up again in my archives, couldn't find the darn thing today! We did something very similar a few months ago for a hierarchy of flight paths where we had to get info from all over the place. I'm trying to locate where is the darn test code so I can send it to you. Sorry for delay. If you e-mail me, first REMOVE the "nospam" bit at the end!

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 03:51:52 CST