Problem with PL/SQL EXECUTE IMMEDIATE

From: Katarina Amender <katta.klos_at_home.se>
Date: 20 Nov 2001 00:45:50 -0800

Hi ewveryone!

My two trainee students are trying to execute the following in an PL/SQL package in SQL Navigator against an Oracle 8.1.5 database running on WinNT sp4

BEGIN
    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'CREATE TABLE X(A DATE)'; END; We constantly get an error message saying that we don't have sufficient privileges.

One strange thing is that I, as logged in as sysdba, can't give them rights to execute the package.

Whats wrong??

Please help

Regards // Katarina Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 02:45:50 CST