Re: Full Export/Import

From: S-marty <monkey_at_ludo.aa>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:29:31 +0100

Howard J. Rogers wrote in message
<3bf8cf4b$0$13483$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
>I'm confused. What's wrong with exp system/manager file=blah.dmp full=y?
>
>Use the lower version of export to produce a 7.3-compatible dump file. Use
>the 9i version of import to read it and import into the higher version of
>the database. Import will be imp system/manager file=blah.dmp, too.
>
>(I think what Sybrand was trying subtly to suggest is that, on the face of
>things, there's nothing terribly subtle about your request: it's basic
>export and import, because, by default, export does a full database export,
>and import does a full database import... so therefore, it seems that what
>you don't understand or know how to do is basically to use either utility
at
>all. Which is not a crime, but his answer is understandable nontheless.)
>
>Regards
>HJR
>--

Thanx Howard

Could you tell me this.

What's happend with tablespaces?
Oracle 7.3 database is on SCO OpenServer 5.2, and Oracle 9i is on Win2000. In the export file (blah.dmp), there are commands for creating tablespaces e.g.( CREATE TABLESPACE "RBS" DATAFILE '/disk4/blah/rbs01.dbf' SIZE 188743680 REUSE DEFAULT STORAGE....)
Do I have to change the datafile name?
What's happend with rollback segments, are they online immediatly after creations ?
What's happend with users?
What's happend with system's privileges and roles... ...

Regards Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 01:29:31 CST