Re: Deleting Database..

From: Uwe Schneider <uwe_at_richard-schneider.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:52:44 +0100

Giovanni Azua wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to delete a couple of test Databases I created wih the
> Oracle Database Assistant. The problem is that I don't know what
> are the internal passwords, I have tried all possibilities, 'oss',
> 'system/manager' etc

A database/instance is represented by control files, datafiles, redo logs and init.ora. Just remove them with "rm" or other OS tools.

> I have searched in the documentation and can't find what is that
> internal Database password and always get an invalid username/
> password error from the Database Assistant when trying to delete
> an existing DB.

> This is just kind of another question.... I would also like to know
> if there is somthing like this:
>
> DELETE FROM user_tables WHERE tablespace_name='USR'

DROP TABLESPACE usr INCLUDING CONTENTS CASCADE CONSTRAINTS.

deletes all objects within one tablespace.

> I know its wrong like that but would like to know if there is a way
> for deleting all tables in a DB pertaining to one namespace.

DROP USER xyz CASCADE

removes all objects owned by one user.

Uwe

--
Uwe Schneider       | Telefon +49 7244 / 609504
Karlsdorfer Str. 31 | Mail    uwe_at_richard-schneider.de