Multi-Master AR and Foreign Keys

From: David LeJeune <dlejeune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2001 08:13:47 -0800

Hi -

Quick question. Does AR require deferrable constraints? When I attempt to add an object to a multi-master AR setup, I get the following error:

ORA-02292: Integrity Constraint(<CONSTRAINT_NAME) violated - child record found.
ORA-02266: unique/primary keys in table referenced by enabled foreign keys.

I assume the replication when I apply my change (i.e. adding the new look-up table), attempts to truncate it and then insert the new data. This is causing this error on the remote master site. Any ideas? Do I have to make my constraints deferrable or something?

Thanks,
Dave L. Received on Mon Nov 19 2001 - 10:13:47 CST