Re: Full Export/Import

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:24:46 +1100

I'm confused. What's wrong with exp system/manager file=blah.dmp full=y?

Use the lower version of export to produce a 7.3-compatible dump file. Use the 9i version of import to read it and import into the higher version of the database. Import will be imp system/manager file=blah.dmp, too.

(I think what Sybrand was trying subtly to suggest is that, on the face of things, there's nothing terribly subtle about your request: it's basic export and import, because, by default, export does a full database export, and import does a full database import... so therefore, it seems that what you don't understand or know how to do is basically to use either utility at all. Which is not a crime, but his answer is understandable nontheless.)

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com