Re: 8i backup and recovery

From: godmann <allanwtham_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2001 19:12:01 -0800

Koert54,

  Why do you say Yuck to Rman? At least I found that it's better than normal physical O/S (hotbackup) kinda of thing. I guess preference is different.

  Oracle 8i backup and recovery by rama velpuri does mention about the Rman and it's should be sufficient for normal use. More info can be found in Oracle documentation but I do find it very dry reading it.

  I wonder Howard can upgrade his steps in Rman to Oracle 8.1.7. Oracle 8.0.x is kinda old. Howard did a good job though!! I got a copy of his work too.

Allan W. Tham
DBA Received on Sun Nov 18 2001 - 21:12:01 CST