Re: Oracle is consistent

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 20:48:38 GMT

Jim,

As I mentioned, I've done a number of installs and not had a problem, so I admit I'm baffled why you are running into that problem - strongly suggest you go through MetaLink and get Support involved. I assume you have checked Oracle's Error Messages manual (available on technet.oracle.com) with no success.

On the other question - both 8.1.7 and 9.0.1 result in error "ORA-01741: illegal zero-length identifier", which is reasonable since the double-quote is used around identifiers (such as keywords used as identifiers and table or column names, etc). If that is fixed, then it yields an ORA-06550, which means it's a PL/SQL error, and the PL/.SQL error is "PLS-00201: identifier 'P_LOCAL_VARIABLE' must be declared", again reasonable since you declare P_LOCAL, not P_LOCAL_VARIABLE. HTH
/Hans