storage clause in create tablespace and create table command

From: rocr <rolland_cright_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 18:42:14 GMT

Hi,

The question I have is why do you have a storage clause in the create tablespace command if you specify a storage clause in the create table command?

  Here is an example. I create a tablespace using the following command:

  CREATE TABLESPACE bif030_tbs99lwr

      Datafile  'c:\oracle\oradata\cisdata\dbf\bif030_tbs99lwr.dat' SIZE 100M
      DEFAULT STORAGE (
        INITIAL 10M
        NEXT 5M
        MINEXTENTS 1
        MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED
        PCTINCREASE 0) online;

  I then create a table as follows:

  CREATE TABLE BIF030 (

      C_CUSTOMER            CHAR (15)     NOT NULL,
      ... (many rows ommitted)
      N_FACTOR              NUMBER (10,5) NOT NULL)
         PARTITION BY RANGE ( T_DATETIME)
        ( PARTITION bif030_p99lwr VALUES LESS THAN ( to_date('1999-12-31','YYYY-MM-DD' ))
          TABLESPACE bif030_tbs99lwr PCTFREE 5 PCTUSED 10 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS 255
          STORAGE (INITIAL 50M NEXT 5M MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 20 PCTINCREASE 0),
          ... (many rows ommitted)
         )

NOCACHE; just wondering...

Cheers,
clueless Received on Sun Nov 18 2001 - 12:42:14 CST