Re: Upgrade from Oracle 7.3 to Oracle 8.0.4

From: yasir <yasird_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2001 08:22:46 -0800

Thank you for your reply and help. This is a client requirement. Can you answer just couple of questions more..

We have two servers (production = Oracle 7.3, test = Oracle 8.0.4, OS = Windows NT 4.0 SP6) and I have to upgrade the production server to Oracle 8.0.4. All the production data is archived and deleted from the production database after every end of data processing.

The Oracle 8.0.4 database which I have create would be replica of that server as far as database structure is concern but not the data. Can you tell me how to get all the information I need when I create the database using the CREATE DATABASE ... statement, out of that server. I will get the parameter file from that server and use that file while creating an instance for my new server but I need to know all the other information when using the CREATE DATABASE.. or you know any alternate for this.

I have tested uninstalling Oracle 7.3 from my test server. When I select all the installed component for uninstalling, and press remove, it doesnt unistall all the component and gives an error. Is there a specific procedure for uninstalling Oracle 7.3.

Please help if you have any suggestions or tips.

Thanks