Re: Oracle 9iAS Portal on 9i Database?

From: Holger <h.lausen_at_gmx.de>
Date: 17 Nov 2001 09:50:35 -0800

> I also found a problem installing 9iAS, i set the size of the SGA to 50M
> as recommended and the install failed because it tried to verify the SGA
> size to be greater than 32M, but it checked the absolute figure in bytes
> and couldn't handle it sized as 50M.

Hi Pete,

you also tried to install Portal into 9i?

I've found some further incompatiblitys: - sqlnet clients < 9.0.0.1 can't connect to a 9i DB ("wrong date format")
  (e.g. the one shipped with 9iAS :-(
- 8.1.7 JDBC Drivers can't connect
  (e.g. the one shipped with 9iAS :-(

I've fixed both, but I've still problems with starting the iAS: I can start the one installed with the 9i, but the one installed with portal fails :-(
(Sorry right now I havn't got the exact errortext, but it's an issue with loading some modules into iAS)

If anyone has got more experince with that I would be glad for any suggestions/pointers.

best regards
holger Received on Sat Nov 17 2001 - 11:50:35 CST