Re: oracle client network install

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 17:15:41 GMT

One thing you can do is in the tnsnames.ora file have an entry that says ifile=o:\someFolder\tnsnames.ora
That way you can share the tnsnames.ora file with all the Oracle client installs. Thus if you need to make a change you can make it in one place and not on 100 machines.
You will still have to install the Oracle client on the individual machines. Jim