Re: Oracle8 panic! - lousy performance/high load

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 16:07:57 GMT

In a sudden spasm of awareness,
koert54 doodled thusly:

>not waiting for I/O) - it's bloody CPU bound ! Normally when your runqueue
>> 3xCPU the box becomes slow as a snail....
>This box is getting blown to pieces....

And yet, if they are all running a really, really bad optimizer plan, that's exactly what you get: CPU bound, doing buffer cache "I/O"... :-)

What we need to know is what is it this box is running. Too scant info. The init.ora is useless if we don't know what the nature of the app is, how many concurrent connections, is it batch or OLTP, etcetc.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Sat Nov 17 2001 - 10:07:57 CST