Re: Why is this SQL not shared ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 15:41:23 -0000

I'm not convinced that that has anything to do with it.

Session 1:

    create table t1(n1 number);
    insert into t1 values(1);
    select n1 from t1;

Session 2:

    select n1 from t1;

Examination of v$sql shows one row for this SQL statement - not two.

There are bugs around the 8.1.6 version of Oracle that resulted in SQL not being shared correctly when timed_statistics was set to true.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.

<4gf0vt0iqbto39vo2i19c73e4alra7vit4_at_4ax.com>...