pls response in 9iAS

From: Salvatore De Bonis <debonis_at_NOSPAMetabeta.it>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 13:42:23 +0100

Hi all,

sorry if this is a FAQ around here, but I read those at http://www.doag.org/orafaq/faq2.htm and I'm still unable to find the solution at my problem.

In brief: I installed oracle 8.1.5 EE and 9iAS (core) on linux and when I request a plsql procedure with error I receive the Apache 404 error instead of the explication of the database error. In other words:

http://myserv:7777/pls/scott/proc_whit_error sends me a 404 not found

Notice that another server with 8iAS the same type of request sends me something like

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 12:38:05 GMT

ORA-06550: line 7, column 2:
PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'HOME'
ORA-06550: line 7, column 2:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

visual.home: SIGNATURE (parameter names) MISMATCH VARIABLES IN FORM NOT IN PROCEDURE: PARAM NON-DEFAULT VARIABLES IN PROCEDURE NOT IN FORM:   DAD name: f101

  PROCEDURE  : visual.home
  URL        : http://xxxxxxxxx/pls/DAD_entry/visual.home?param=pippo
  PARAMETERS :

  PARAM:
   pippo

  ENVIRONMENT:

    PLSQL_GATEWAY=WebDb
    GATEWAY_IVERSION=1
    SERVER_SOFTWARE=Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) PHP/4.0.5 mod_perl/1.21 ApacheJServ/1.1

    GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1
    SERVER_PORT=80
    SERVER_NAME=xxxxxxxxxx
    REQUEST_METHOD=GET
    QUERY_STRING=param=pippo
    PATH_INFO=/DAD_entry/visual.home

    SCRIPT_NAME=/pls
    REMOTE_ADDR=213
    SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.0
    SCRIPT_PREFIX=/pls
    HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98; DigExt)
    HTTP_HOST=xxxxxxxxx
    HTTP_ACCEPT=image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*

    HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING=gzip, deflate
    HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=it

I'm working on this problem for four days ago, but I didn't understand what's the cause. I suspect that there is a change in default policy (logging? Debugging?) between 9 and 8iAS but I don't have any idea where to set this policy (if one).

Any idea?

TIA, best regards,

Salvatore De Bonis Received on Sat Nov 17 2001 - 06:42:23 CST