Re: Oracle and Sun Cluster

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 17 Nov 2001 02:25:19 -0800

"nospam" <nospam_at_thank.you> wrote in message news:<3o4bvt45qdl2k18dojmt2rjm7vem517p4s_at_4ax.com>...
> I'm going to make a sun cluster (2xE420R + 2xA1000 6x36Gb each)
>
> Which are the best choice for oracle installation ? Disks, folders,
> etc etc ... how is better to install it ?
>
> I don't know about oracle, I'm a sun admin, we are choosing the
> consultants that will install oracle, but meantime we want to install
> the cluster. How can I imagine the oracle installation ?
>
> Thanks

I strongly advise you to wait until the Oracle consultants have arrived.
Chances are you are going to force them in a direction they don't want nor like.
I have seen too many installations where there was no communication between sysadmins and dba's. Invariably these installations needed complete reconfiguration, which usually can't be done anymore.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sat Nov 17 2001 - 04:25:19 CST