Tuning Problem, ANALYZE ..

From: Vance Wu <vwu_at_anacomp.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2001 14:20:13 -0800

Hi All,

I have a table contains 5 partitions, when I rebuild all indexes, then ANALYZE the table using command:

        ANALYZE TABLE MY_TABLE COMPUTE STATISTIC; After the table is analyzed, performance has improved a lot, but some queries caused Oracle internal error:

        ERROR at line 1:
        ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [25012], [0], [0],
[], [], [], [], []

If I delete the statistics:

        ANALYZE TABLE MY_TABLE DELETE STATISTIC; Then I re-analyzed the table again using partitions:

   ANALYZE TABLE MY_TABLE PARTITION (PART_2000) COMPUTE STATISTIC;
   ANALYZE TABLE MY_TABLE PARTITION (PART_2001) COMPUTE STATISTIC;
   ANALYZE TABLE MY_TABLE PARTITION (PART_2002) COMPUTE STATISTIC;
   ANALYZE TABLE MY_TABLE PARTITION (PART_2003) COMPUTE STATISTIC;
   ANALYZE TABLE MY_TABLE PARTITION (PART_2004) COMPUTE STATISTIC;

After the partitions of MY_TABLE are analyzed, again the performance has also been improved a lot too, but for those queries that used to cause ORA-00600 error are now OK, can someone explain to me why?

Thanks,
Vance Received on Fri Nov 16 2001 - 16:20:13 CST