Re: data dictionary error

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:15:04 +1100

Well, what version of the database are you using (I presume it's 8.1.7)? And what version of export are you using? It seems to be a version incompatibility. The rule is: higher versions of export can not be used against a lower version of the database, but the other way around is fine (sort of -you lose anything in the higher version of the database which is new to that version).

There's a matrix I worked out for what works with what at my site. Tips, backup, Export and Import, "If I have two different versions...".

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com