JDBCODBC Bridge

From: Tarik <tarik_sadat_at_amat.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2001 09:08:41 -0800

Hello everybody

I want to run a Java extract program as a stored procedure in an 8.1.6 database. The program simply runs a query on a foreign database, reads through the resultset and inserts the returned data into a table in the Oracle database.

When run the program as a standalone Java application this works fine, and I'm very pleased with the results! When I load it up as stored procedure I find that it won't execute and I get the following error:

Could not load database driver: sun/jdbc/odbc/JdbcOdbcDriver

How should I define the call to the DriverManager for the foreign database? Extracts from the code look like this:

import oracle.jdbc.driver.*;
import sun.jdbc.odbc.*;
.
.
.

String url="jdbc:odbc:Linkway32 for HP3000";
.
.
.

DriverManager.registerDriver(new sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver()); ManMancon = DriverManager.getConnection (url,"","");

Can the Oracle Java VM not see the sun.jdbc classes? How would I get it to see them?

Thanks in advance.
Tarik Received on Fri Nov 16 2001 - 11:08:41 CST