Oracle Server and Oracle tools integration problem

From: Graeme Barnett <graeme.barnett_at_unn.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:46:25 -0000

Please can someone advise me on what to do? I have installed Designer, Forms/Reports/JDeveloper etc first (as advised by a DBA friend) then I've installed Oracle 9i server and client on my NT machine.

SQL*Plus can access the database and OEM can access the database, but designer etc say that the server is not listed in the tnsnames.ora file. I'm presuming it's looking for the one in the ..\network\ADMIN directory, where of course the entry does exist for the server.

Cheers,

Graeme Received on Fri Nov 16 2001 - 02:46:25 CST