newbee: tnsping don't find database (TNS-03505)

From: Tom Albrecht <mr.shadow_at_gmx.net>
Date: 15 Nov 2001 13:59:07 -0800

Hi there,

Preface: I am a newbee. I have no idea of administration an oracle database server. But I have to use SQL Plus to call a sql-script because it is a constraint-fix for my application.

I am using the Oracle database server 8.1.6.0.0 on an winNT 4-machine. It is a local installation and i can connect to it with an application.

I opened SQL Plus and after entering the user-id, password and database name. sql plus prints out "ORA-12154: TNS:Der Servicename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden."

Then I tried a tnsping to the database, but the result is a TNS-03505-error.

On my machine are three tnsname.ora-files. All files are like this:

income.world =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
  (DESCRIPTION =

        (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp_comm.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = 10.100.9.126)
(Port = 1521)
) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = income) (GLOBAL_NAME = income.world) )

  )
  )

I use an application to connect to the database and it still works. I only need SQL Plus.

Please, help me! Received on Thu Nov 15 2001 - 15:59:07 CST