Re: Odbc compatibility

From: DimitriM <dimitri.maesfranckx_at_datadirect-technologies.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2001 12:59:34 -0800

"Choco" <chocolat_at_brusseler.com> wrote in message news:<3bf0cf29$0$12221$4d4efb8e_at_news.be.uu.net>...
> Hi,
>
> I have a client workstation (NT) that uses 2 softwares : one to access a
> Oracle Database 8.0.5, an other to acces an Oracle Database 8.1.7.
> Is this a way to connect to the two instances ? ( because we experience
> problem with the 8.0.5 connection since we installed the 8.1.7 one)
> I am looking for some explanations, or a technical paper...
> Thanks in advance...
> As usual , it's urgent for me... and I begin my searches on the Net
>
> E.C.

EC,

Have a look at the DataDirect ODBC drivers.

The latest 4.0 Connect ODBC drivers are based on the NEW Wire protocol technology. Wire protocol technology takes the ODBC standard to a new level by removing the need to install the database client software, such as Net8 for Oracle. The driver communicates directly to Oracle through Oracle's wire level protocol, TTC. This leads to sizeable performance increases and greatly simplified maintenance and support. And because the database client libraries are no longer needed, any possible problems of version conflict with the database are also eliminated.

We also have the SequeLink ODBC driver that offers complete end-to-end connectivity, doesn't require to install any Net8 (or other) client pieces and allows to use the same ODBC driver to simultaneously connect to different Oracle versions (for example Oracle 8.0.6+, 8iR1(8.1.5), 8iR2(8.1.6), 8iR3(8.1.7), Oracle 9i,...). SequeLink comes with function/features that are not available in Net8 like advanced security, 'Near Zero' client administration, centralized configuration-monitoring-management, maximum scalability & performance...

More info and free evals:
http://www.datadirect-technologies.com

Cheers,
Dimitri

BTW If you are a real Brusseleir you might want to know that some of our DataDirect products 'sont fabriqué en Belgique/in Belgie gemaakt worden'. Received on Thu Nov 15 2001 - 14:59:34 CST